Leisure and Lifestyle Program at Wamuran Park Home
Sovereign Funerals is a not-for-profit funeral company. That means all profits (after expenses) go towards supporting community projects locally and around the world.
One of the projects supported by Sovereign Funerals is a Leisure and Lifestyle program at Wamuran Park Home – a mental health accommodation facility.
The program is co-ordinated and presented by Helen, who has a Diploma of Community Services Case Management/ Mental Health/ Aged Care/Disability and a Diploma of Childcare.
Here’s a list of the programs Helen has in place for the residents:
- Walking Group – physical activities, gets them up and moving
- Clay work/craft – motor skills
- Games/pool/table tennis- motor skills and physical activity
- Discussions/ one on one time- reminiscing and memory
- Music group – team work, motor skills, physical activity
- Gardening – sense of achievement, nurturing, physical activity
- Cooking – hand eye coordination, motor skills, physical activity, team work
- Loom weaving- motor skills, hand eye coordination, physical activity
- Audio books – for our sight challenged residents and those that cannot read
- Mother’s Day cards and paper flowers
- Exercise obstacles – physical fitness
- Knitting – hand eye coordination and motor skills