Independent Funeral Directors Association of Australia
Sovereign Funerals is a registered member of the Independent Funeral Directors Association of Australia Inc.
Code of Ethics
- At all times ensure that their conduct is of a professional standard and in keeping with their profession as funeral directors and in accordance with the interests of the Association
- At all times seek to provide services to the satisfaction of clients
- At all times maintain the privacy and confidentiality of clients and fellow members
- At all times ensure that deceased persons and family members of the deceased are afforded the utmost decorum
- Take advantage of appropriate occasions to educate and inform the public of the functions of funeral directors according to the guidelines prescribed by the Association
- When requested assist and advise newly established, member funeral directors in the taking up of their duties. Every help and assistance should be given to new members of the association
- Always act in such a way that it is clear that service to the community and fellow members comes willingly and without any private advantage
- To have the greatest respect for the clients religious beliefs and cultural practices
- To always provide a written estimate of all funeral charges and disbursements at the time of taking instructions, or as soon as practicable afterwards.